background

Monday, December 16, 2013

Figgy pudding......PRUNES!!!

Dear Family,

     It has been a great week! We have been meeting with the Cannon's everyday and they are just soak everything up. I wish I had a before and after picture because there is a noticeable difference.  They have so much more hope and peace now. They are truly amazing and I am so blessed to be able to witness them coming to Christ and to see the change in them. We talked to them about eternal families last night and they loved it and want to go get sealed in a year. I was on exchange with Sister Blaylock this week and she is so fun! I love it, but we were teaching them and a member of the ward came over to give them a Priesthood blessing. The spirit was so strong it was indescribable. Heavenly Father gave them so much peace and comfort and promised them that everything would be alright. The priesthood is an amazing thing, it is amazing to see Heavenly Fathers power working so strongly here on this earth. Satan is working on them pretty hard and giving them a lot of opposition but it is amazing how strong they are. They got divorced 2 months ago and got back together 5 hours later and I had a few suspicions that they weren't married. We found out that they aren't  - so they are getting married and baptized on he same day! It will be a busy but really great day! They are just so amazing!

     Exchanges was a lot of fun! We had a lot of laughs and I love being able to see other missionaries perspectives. Sister Blaylock is one of our Sister Training leaders and is a great example. She is very kind, caring and compassionate. I learned a lot. I never want to let a moment pass me by where I am not letting Heavenly Father change and mold me into what he wants me to be, this is a really great experience that I have been given and I feel like I have already learned so much. I am very grateful!

      This week we had the ward Christmas party and a member made figgy pudding. And it was kind of strange... I took a couple bites of it and a guy at our table yelled "PRUNES, prunes, prunes!" I was in the middle of taking another bite and he said that he was just trying to warn me before I took another bite because it is made out of prunes.  We asked him questions about it and all he would say is prunes! I was dying of laughter it was hillarious. But I didn't take any more bites. :) He said that people in the south eat some weird nasty things... I agree on a few things. PRUNES!
 
      We are having a mission Christmas party on Thursday, that is where Sister Bradford and I are playing the piano. I will get to talk to you on Christmas day via skype for 40 minutes... I haven't found out when but I do know where. I will let you know! Our church is at 11:30 on Sunday's but we are changing to 9:00 in a few weeks.

      I am glad that I went visiting so much with you Mom while you were Relief Society president. It has taught me lots! We went to visit a lady that fits into the crazy category. The elders told us not to go there  - they just didn't go visiting with their moms enough!

      I can't wait to talk to you guys at Christmas and hope that you have a great week! Keep up the good work and look for missionary opportunities!
 
Love you lots!
Love Rach


Hey this is my cousin Elder Young and we are in the same district!

St. Nick left candy in my shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment