background

Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Chirstmas!

Hola Familia!

Feliz Navidad!!! Como estas?
     No I can't believe that it is already almost Christmas. Being on a mission is like being in a time warp. Days go by fast and slow and it is almost like time doesn't exist sometimes.
    The Cannon Family are facing a lot of opposition but are getting married, baptized and then having a reception afterwards this Saturday. Boy do we have our jobs cut out for us. Who knew that missionaries were event planners... We are so lucky to be a part of their lives.
     We had the mission Christmas party on Thursday... 240 missionaries all in one cultural hall hugging and talking. There is no reigning them in. But it was lots of fun, we had a talent show and there are a lot of talented missionaries here! There were probably 8 tables stacked high with packages for missionaries. I did open mine then... I couldn't wait, patience wasn't my strong point that day... I got most excited about my man shirt! Aahhh Yeah!! And cherry cordial kisses oh and toblerone!! And everything else. It was a lot of fun, thank you so much! I really appreciate it, you guys are the best!! :) It was all good, don't worry it isn't gone yet... :) It was fun to see everyone and see how they have changed or stayed the same. I feel like the MTC was like 2 years ago!
      We will have time on Christmas to open the gifts.... if I can make it that long. :) We are just going to call that our exercise... :) Shhhh don't tell we'll do a few push ups or something! I'm not sure I know what you mean by it will take time and another gift that I will get when I return... What the?!? You can't tell me stuff like that and then leave me in suspense for another 15ish months. How rude! I guess I'll just have to deal with it or something and find people to teach to keep my mind off of it! :) (I sent her a bunch of gifts that  have scriptures on them and she will have to look them up before she opens them to try and guess what is inside.  It may take quite awhile.  I also got her something to use at college when she returns.  I will show her when we skype.)
      Well not much else to say that I can think of, we have just been working with the Cannon and witnessing miracles and tender mercies everyday! Heavenly Father sent us to Watkinsville and he is doing all the working and giving us even more blessing! I am very grateful! I hope you all have a great time off of school and a Merry Christmas until I talk to you on  Wednesday! I love you lots and can't wait, be happy, have fun and stay out of trouble! :)
Love Rach


Rachel and her New Georgia Bulldogs shirt
Sister Weeks and Sister Parker wish you a Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment