background

Monday, January 20, 2014

Just talkin to everyone... Hola

Hey Familia!

     I hope all is going well, it has been a fun week getting used to the new area and settling in. We have been tracting a lot and trying to talk to as many people as we can, it seems that no one likes to answer their doors though... This week Sister Carrigan and I started studying Spanish because we tract into people who only speak Spanish EVERYWHERE.  We have a few memorized lines but they never seem to be good enough, it is a work in progress! I know a lot of random words, slowly learning how to put them together. :)

     We got to do some service painting this week, Sister Carrigan and I are pretty much professionals now. :) It was pretty fun, being able to wear a helping hands shirt makes it so much better. 
 
     This week we had interviews with President and Sister Wolfert, it is kinda strange, I feel like I didn't know what to say and they were super short. I write him an email every week so I tell him most everything then. It is funny that he is in our ward and we live in the same area and I haven't' really seen him more then when I was in Athens. Our district is all Spanish elders again, and there are rumors that the ward we are in is getting another set of missionaries because the assistants are gone so much. 

     This week has been a good week, we laugh a lot and do our best to work hard. We have a lot of "Only in the South" Moments. One of the Assistants told Sister Carrigan "Just because your in the south doesn't mean you have to be part of the south" Because she was duct taping her boots because they are falling apart. It was pretty funny, they were like "Oh so you sisters do actually work and go tracting...." My response was "EASY"  Elders... We do go tracting and we work for the record. :) Even when it is cold, which this week we had a few days that were windy and pretty chilly. We met a lot of interesting people, it wouldn't be missionary work if it wasn't awkward. 
 
     We also got to talk to the senior couples that work in the office a little bit this week because they came to a lesson with us. They are so cute! I love them and talking to them, they are so wise and have a lot of knowledge. 

     I am all recovered from last weeks fall and I feel as good as new, my cough is uh... well it is a cough! 

     Well I think that is all for this week! I hope that is all is well! Have a fun week and be happy I love and pray for you always!

Love,
Seester Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment