background

Monday, January 13, 2014

New companion new adventures!

Hey Yall!
 
     It has been a really great week! Transfers came and  I went rushing around to gather all of my things and put them back in my suitcases and say goodbye to all the friends I had gained in Watkinsville and Athens, it was sad to say goodbye but I am excited for what Heavenly Father has in store for Sister Carrigan and I to accomplish here in Lilburn!
 
     Lilburn is about an hour drive from Watkinsville and Athens. We are teaching a few families who are really amazing.  They have a lot of faith and are excited to learn. I am really grateful for the blessings of the gospel in my life. Sister Carrigan is super fun, she is from Kaysville, Utah and she is the youngest of 4 girls. She has been out for 9 months and has trained twice before me. And we are twins. (That is what people tell them - is that they look a lot alike - I don't see it)
 
     There was only one sister that came into the mission this transfer and I think there will be 9 coming in next transfer. Three of the Elders that were in my last district went home and it is weird to be in a different area. Sometimes I just feel like I am on exchange and I will be going back but I am not... It hasn't been too bad of weather. We had a huge rainstorm this week and it POURED. I never knew what rolling thunder was until now. It is crazy! It shakes our whole apartment and it was during personal study. Elder Residori does update the facebook page, his wife is the secretary at the office and she comes on team-ups with us sometimes. The people in the office are so fun and amazing, I loving talking to them.  (I told her that I found her mission Facebook page.)
 
     This week while we were tracting after the huge rainstorm. Everything was wet and slick. We went upstairs to knock on a door and no one answered so we went back down... Well evidently  my boots don't have very much traction because I slipped and fell and caught myself. I landed pretty hard and I was holding onto the rail and it yanked my arms pretty hard.... How embarrassing. I couldn't stop laughing, it took a couple minutes to get control of myself. But now my arms and back are pretty sore and it hurts to move them. But I mostly just scared myself and I am not hurt so that is a big blessing!  And it was pretty funny I wish I could have seen myself.
 
     We were also doing some service for a hoarder and all I have to say is 3 words. Throw. It. Away. Eww. Please nobody be like that, just get rid of it!
 
     This week during my studies I was reading in the Bible Dictionary about Prayer and angels. It is amazing the things that I learn everyday in studies ,I have been reading in Mosiah about Alma, his faith and diligence in doing the Lords work is incredible. He truly wants what the Lord wants. I love what it says in the Bible dictionary under prayer, that prayer is the act of the will of the father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other and the ways we can receive the highest of all blessings. It is amazing that we can actually talk to our father in Heaven and he loves cares about us and will answer. Under Angels it talks about the Lords messengers and the light that they have. I am striving everyday to be able to have that light and also to be the instrument in the Lords hands that he wants so that I can be effective.
 
     Well I think that is it for this week. I hope that all is well and you are healthy and happy! Have a great week, share the gospel, be encouraging and study hard. Love you lots!
 
Love Sister Rach Georgia Peach :)
 
I Love it here!
 
(I did find out that she lives  about 3 miles from the mission office. They actually live in Norcross, because their area covers several towns and they could go out of the mission on several roads, They are close to the boundaries apparently across the street in some areas. The two assistants are in the same ward as her.  They email from the office annex that has 4 computers in it.  They also have a washer and dryer in their apartment so that makes it much easier to get it done.  All of her mail can just be sent to the mission office address.)
 
Went to visit a cemetery - Mom told me I had to.

Another beautiful Georgia Sunset

A cute Athens lady who was like a Grandma.

Saying goodbye to Sister Parker and Walkinsville

My new companion Sister Carrigan

Tie Decor?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment