background

Monday, February 17, 2014

Chillin like Villians in the Ice

Hey Yall!

     This week was eventful slash uneventful. Three days out of the week we couldn't drive - only walkin' which is fine. But after Tuesday the ice storm got too bad and coated everything in ice so we had to be trapped inside for 2 whole days. Holy smokes. I about died, I said it once and I will say it again keeping missionaries cooped up is a super bad idea. We did do our nails and toe nails which was pretty fun and we just got caught up on stuff and cleaned and... tried to entertain ourselves. We are SO glad to be out and working again and now, it is 60 degrees outside and sunny and it is supposed to get to 70 this week. In Georgia we experienced all 4 season in one week. Who would have thought. People from the south are crazy!

     While we were stuck inside we have an extra mattress and so we dragged it into the living room and we were jumping on it. It was pretty fun!!! We were laughing so hard. We are easily entertained and I think being a missionary makes me have an even lamer sense of humor, oh well... I try to be normal! 

     We have got a few referrals from the ward, but they mostly give them to the Elders. We are getting another set of Elders in the ward today as well. We don't have much of a teaching pool right now but we are working on it. They are trying a new system with the meal calendar so we  get fed like 3ish times a week. No food is better then nasty food. I can just make dinner myself or eat a sandwich and some fruit and vegetables! Yummy. :)

     This week in my studies I was reading in Alma 18:35  and Ammon says "And a portion of that spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God." We can receive so much knowledge and power when we have faith and when we exercise it for good. When we recognize the power we have in knowing that we are truly children of our Heavenly Father. A God who is all knowing. Loves us and wants us to be happy. With that knowledge comes that same great power! We just receive so much from Heavenly Father daily when we have faith in him and have righteous desires we can't go wrong. What an amazing concept the Gospel is true and we are loved immensely. 

      Today we are going to go to the Hindu temple and hopefully next week Stone Mountain! Yay!! I am super excited. Updates are yet to come! Well.. that is all for this week! Have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you  next time! Love ya lots, be happy and have fun!! 

Love Sister Rachel Weeks
 
     Just before she signed off today she said they found out that her Companion Sister Carrigan was being transferred to Athens to where Rachel was.  Her new companion will be Sister Blaylock.  Rachel did splits with her before.  She was a sister trainer leader in the mission.  I don't know if she still is - anyway  - she liked her a lot so I hope all goes well.  She really enjoyed being with Sister Carrigan and was not ready for her to go yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment