background

Monday, February 24, 2014

I'm on top of the world

Dear Family!

      Transfers went great, we dropped Sister Carrigan off and brought Sister Blaylock back with me! It was sad to see her go because we got a long but Sister Blaylock and I are soo excited to be companions and working here in Lilburn. I like her a lot and we get along great and laugh lots. We just both want to work our hardest in everything that we do and collapse at the end of the day in exhaustion. So far it is working. She is form Parma Idaho, by Boise. She isn't Sister Training leader anymore and she has been our for about 13 months. The Assistants to the President are still in our ward as well and the ward got another set of bike elders. It is definitely keeping the ward busy. 

     It is funny because Sister Blaylock trained Sister Parker and Sister Carrigan and Sister Carrigan went to Athens where I came from. And Sister Parker got Sister Carrigan's old companion. What a crazy little circle! 

     Last Monday we went to the Hindu Temple and it was sooo much fun and it was beautiful. I'll send pictures sometimes soon. Then today we hiked Stone Mountain. It is out of our mission but we got permission to go and it is amazing. I really felt like I was on top of the world looking in all directions at Georgia. I could see the sky scrapers in Atlanta and all the trees. This earth is beautiful and we have the privilege to live on it. It was a great P-day activity. Now we are going to find more things to do to entertain ourselves on P-day!  It truly is AMAZING!

     This week was filled with lots of things to do and so is this upcoming week. We are really excited to be companions and know that it is for a reason and I am really excited to learn from her. She is a great missionary, I am lucky to have her as a companion. This week was great weather, most of the time I didn't even have to wear a jacket because it has been in the high 60's or low 70's all week long. Just move to Georgia and you can experience all 4 seasons in 1 week. Gotta love the south! Now we are just working hard to find those that Heavenly Father wants us to talk to and to teach. It is so fun!  

     Find someone to be friendly to this week and help them feel of Heavenly Fathers love. Pray about it and find that person, there is always someone in need of our help. Notice the beauty in all around us and have fun. 

     I love you lots and hope that things continue to go well! Have a great week and be happy! The gospel gives us a great light in our lives. 

LOVE YOU BYE!
Love Sister Rachel Weeks

PS I'll try to remember to send pictures next week or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment