background

Monday, April 7, 2014

We talk of Christ, we testify of Christ, we love Christ

Hola Familia!


     It was a great week here in Lilburn. We have been working with Q really closely this week, I think every time we see here she gets more excited about her baptism. Her oldest daughter Angela just turned 8 and said she wants to get baptized too. Q works at nights 3 days of the week and we went to her house 30 minutes before conference started on Sunday and she said she was coming. After many calls and text messages later she texted us in the second session that she had fallen asleep again and she wouldn't be coming. Sister Blaylock and I were so sad we know that if she would have come she would have received the answers to her questions that she has been seeking for. We taught her the Law of Chastity this week and that is one of the answers she was seeking for. She lives with her boyfriend Jose and their three children. We have been trying to involve all of them and help them all feel the spirit. She says she wants to get married and Jose is all for it, she just wants to get an answer from Heavenly Father. We just keep praying that she can recognize her answer and do everything we can to help her.
     We also have met with Elton and Jasmine. They are step siblings and came to a church tour this week. They stood and looked at the picture of Christ in the foyer for a long time and we know that they felt his spirit there. We played some music in the chapel and they both said they felt strongly. Elton came to conference at a members house and he says he feels like he has got an answer that the church is true. The strength of the youth in these days is amazing. Their capacity to feel the spirit and endure is evidence that Heavenly Fathers hand is in each of our lives and he is preparing many no matter their ages. I am grateful.

     Watching General Conference is like Christmas. The talks and words from chosen servants of God were so amazing. I loved every minute of it. One of my favorite talks was by Elder Uchtdorf. I love how he talked about gratitude and how it is the one thing that we can do in life to make it sweeter and more joyous. I love when  he said "Through the eyes of faith we look beyond our present day challenges. Not gratitude of the lips but of the soul" All of the talks were very inspiring and helped me have an more firm resolve to try harder ever day and do better. I want to be the best instrument in the hands of Heavenly Father that I can be. It is so true that a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ is so important and complete conversion to it is just as important. Being Grateful in our circumstances instead of just when we are grateful for our circumstances. I learned so much and I just want to apply it all. I love most of all that he said Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christ-like attributes. 

      I loved that 2 of the apostles came right out and said. We echo the words of Sidney Rigdon and Joseph Smith about Jesus Christ He lives for we  have seen him. They are truly special witnesses of the Savior Jesus Christ. They know his power grace and divinity because "They now KNOW." I get chills thinking about it. How amazing is that?

     I just love it here it is so fun! Being in the south makes me say things that I normally wouldn't. What can I say it is a gangsta, swag, and charming way of life. :) 

     Well I hope you all have a great week, I love ya lots and pray for you always!

Peace and blessin's

LOVE YA BYE!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)
Thugs....its a way of life!

Pretty trees here in spring!
Coolin off in the AC after tracting in humid weather.

Look What happens when the elders steal your camera.  Weird!

Our district

We must hike up these hills to tract sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment