background

Monday, May 12, 2014

Bye Bye Lilburn

Hey there!

     I talked to you yesterday so I don't know that I have much to say... I'm not very entertaining though so you get a weird me... It was weird to see you but goood! Hope that you all had a good day! ( Isn't it wonderful to be able to Skype with missionaries!  It was so wonderful to be able to see her and talk to her.  She looked good and sounds so happy and is loving what she is doing.   It made for the perfect Mother's Day to be able to see her and talk to her.)

      This week we have been working a lot of Nini. We tracted into her last week and we were originally talking to her brother. We asked him if he knew anyone that would be interested and she came running around the door and she said "I am!" She had met missionaries who gave her a Book of Mormon several months ago and  she hadn't had a chance to read much of it. But she is 18 years old and a senior in High School. She came to church on Sunday with a member and she really enjoyed it. She said that she really wants to get baptized and feel peace. We took her on a church tour and she really felt the spirit. Heavenly Father has been really preparing her. We invited her to pray about the date of June 1st. She really enjoyed church and she said she wants to come back. YAY!

      Q and Angela are getting really excited for their baptism on Sunday. They have progressed so much and are ready to make that step and commitment to come closer to Jesus Christ. They have an inner peace and light now that wasn't there before. They truly want to do what they can to come closer to Christ and follow him for the rest of their lives. They know it won't be easy and it hasn't so far but they are doing it. It has been so amazing to see. I am grateful to have been a part of their lives and see their change and the light of Christ come into their countenances. The Lords tender mercies and blessings are all around us.

     I found a pretty cool scripture this week (I found it a little bit ago but just remembered it...) , it is in Mosiah 14:12 Christ the most powerful and glorious being to ever come to this earth was numbered with the transgressors for us. He had that much love and that much power to do that. It blows my mind. I LOVE the words intercessor and advocate I feel like they are perfect for describing the act of the atonement. And why we pray in Christs name. He advocates for us daily when we pray to him. We are so blessed, we have the most powerful advocate pleading our cause and cheering us along. I don't know how I could do it without him. 

     TRANSFERS. It has been fun to serve in Lilburn and I have learned a lot. I pray that I continue to become a better instrument in the Lords hands in Greensboro. I'll keep you updated on how life is in the sticks. (The mission president told her Sunday that she was going to be transferred but since she has worked with Q through the whole process she would be allowed to come back for the baptism.  She was excited about that.  She is going about 74 miles south east to Greensboro.  It is half way between Atlanta and Augusta.  It is a much smaller area - about 3300 people.  She will be in a branch.  The closes church I could find was in Madison which is about 20 miles west.  So it will be a different experience for her.  It looks like a quaint little town.  Don't you just love Google earth!  Anyway she was a little sad to be leaving  - she quite liked that area, but looks forward to a new adventure.  She will be just fine.  She said she has found out what rain and a real down pour is.  Plus she is getting an introduction to humidity and being sticky all of the time in the warmer temps.)

      I hope you all have a great week! I love ya and pray for you always!

Love Sister Weeks
 
She had some ward members help surprise her companion for her birthday.

Sister Weeks and Blaylock have loved being together working in Lilburn

Look What street I found this week.  Love a good street sign!

It's been a great place to be and I will miss it!

This is a cool mural they found on a wall in Lilburn.


Pretty daylilies in spring!
 
A lovely sister in the Lilburn Ward fed these girls yesterday and she took a pictured and sent it to me.  A great companionship!

No comments:

Post a Comment