background

Monday, May 19, 2014

Lives changed with pure joy.

Hey there family!
 
       I got to go back for the baptism yesterday and it broke my heart a little to see everyone and then have to say goodbye again but I made it. :) And I am so glad that I got permission to go because that pretty much never happens.  There is so many great people there and I have come to love them. But, to see the pure joy and light of Christ in the faces of Q, Jose and Angela was worth every minute of driving time, tears, hard work, time on my knees, pondering, studying, worrying, and more praying. It was all worth it. And it will always be worth it. They hold a special place in my heart and there was a lot of opposition and crazy situations this week but they made it and now they can start their new life together. Sister Blaylock and I's hearts were filled with pure joy. The spirit was so strong and I was so happy. It was a wonderful day. The last zone I was in our theme for the transfer was no excuses, no regrets. I think that is fitting for just about anything in life. I want to live everyday to its fullest it isn't always easy but I want to be doing my best with some "gratitude of the soul." We are truly blessed. It is easy to say that but this week, I really want to feel it. It was a great experience to go. And a member invited us over for dinner in Lilburn afterwards and we had Cafe Rio Pork and chocolate cake with Heath bits on top. No regrets. :) So good. Yum yum yum.
 
       Being in Greensboro is a HUGE culture shock compared to Lilburn. The first day I kept looking around wondering where I was and where all the people were. Definitely a strange feeling. There is limited tracting area too. Just not that many people here. Sister Kunz has tracted all the streets in Greensboro already haha. We are just finding more people to talk to. We find quite a bit of people to talk to and a lot of them let us come back or just let us in right then, so we are booked solid. It is kinda strange. We have taught the restoration a lot and it has been good for me. It has made me want to deepen my understanding of it and really feel it within myself and listen to what their spirit is saying during the lesson. We have met a lot of cool people. We knocked into a lady named Sandra whose mom passed away over 13 years ago and she has never been able to find peace over her death. We explained a little bit about he Plan of Salvation and her eyes lit up. Her spirit is thirsty and searching for the gospel. I am so excited to go back and visit with her this week. 
 
      It was a crazy week with transfers and packing up and moving in. But I think I finally made it. I am getting settled in and finding places to put my things. We live in a little town house type thing right next to the only grocery store in Greensboro. Ingles. ("And guess where he said we should go?... The gro-ce-ry Store.") Name that movie haha.
 
      The church is in Madison, so it actually isn't in our area. There are 25 members that live in our boundaries. It is a big change of pace but they are all awesome. It has been fun so far to get to know them. My companion is Sister Kunz like I already mentioned. She is from Mapleton Utah and is 21 years old. She is about my height with curly hair. Everything is spread out here so we pretty much live in our car. And wait for it..... Drum roll please.... In Greensboro we are driving a truck!! hahaha. They had to get a rental car too, same thing that was wrong with our car in Lilburn. It is pretty much the best and all the elders are super jealous. It is kinda hard to get in, in a skirt but we leap and make it work. We are pretty cool. Pictures will come next week! It is pretty funny. It is a big 2 door Chevy Silverado. Take that world.(She told me the truck is the rental until their car is finished. - but she still thinks its pretty cool.)
 
      Well, I think that is all for this week because I can't think of anything else. But I love you all and you are in my prayers always. Keep praying and being happy.
LOVE YOU BYE!
 
Love Sister Weeks
 
Or as the Spanish elders call me Hermana Semana.... Oh brother...
 
     (She told me that her companion is very quiet and they haven't talked too much.  She said her comp doesn't think she is anywhere near as funny as she thinks she is (referring to herself).  She is from Mapleton Utah and is 21 and has been out for 14 months. They will be just fine and have some great experiences together.
     This afternoon I got a call from a lovely lady in the Lilburn ward that Rachel visited often and she just loved having here there.  She adores Rachel because she reminds her of one of her granddaughters who is on a mission in California. She has called me several times to tell me how she is doing.  She always makes Rachel play the piano for her when she goes there - so she does not loose such a beautiful talent she told me.  Anyway she told me Rachel and her new companion were able to come back for the baptism of these 3 people and she played the piano at the service.  She said she did a lovely job as usual.  She said the people in Lilburn loved her so much and she will be greatly missed, but she said she had a sweet new companion.  She said the new area, Greensboro, she is in is quite rural but a beautiful area.  The church they go to in in Madison which is a branch and about 25 minutes away.  She said that Madison is a beautiful town because during the war it was never destroyed like some of the other areas so it has some lovely old beautiful homes that are enormous.  There is also a resort are called Lake Oconee with is quite ritzy and has many million dollar homes.  She said it is very beautiful.  She is so delightful to listen to on the phone as she gushes about Rachel.  I have so enjoyed having her call and tell me a few things about her.  What a delight.
     Here area is also backed up against the Oconee National Forest Area.  She is in the Athens Zone.  It will be a very different experience for her but she will learn to love the people there alsoShe sent a lot of great pictures.  We love her and miss her, but wouldn't want her to be any other place.
 
 
Lilburn District

Rachel got to go back for the baptism of this great family.  She was so grateful.

Sisters Weeks and Blaylock with Q, Angela and the other children.

Three were baptized on Sunday.  What a great day!

Jose, Q, and Angela on baptism day.

Love these cuties.  What a great day.

Sister Weeks and best helper Mallory.

Sister Jessen from the office and Rachel.

Sisters Weeks and Blaylock in front of a really cool house.

Sister Campbell and Sister Weeks - biding farewell is so hard.  She gave her a few new clothes and she was so excited!

Great Family in Lilburn.  It is so hard to say good bye!
Office staff that Rachel loves so much.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment