background

Monday, June 30, 2014

Missionaries in the Spirit World

Hey there!

     It has been kinda an interesting and rough week. Last week after emailing I found out some sad news. Jose (As in Jose and Q the cutest little family ever that the Gospel has completely changed their lives) passed away in his sleep last Sunday night. Sister Blaylock got permission to call and tell me. He had made so many changes with his life and turned it around. The week before he passed away he got to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead and he had just received the Aaronic priesthood as well. I got permission to call and talk to Q, she is holding together but it is hard, the kids don't really understand what is going on. My heart goes out to them and I wish I could be there to help and support them but I am so far away. I am so glad that she has the gift of the Holy Ghost and I know that Christ is carrying her through all of this. 

      I know that Jose is in the Spirit World being a missionary up there. I remember him asking us on many occasions.... "Where can I get one of those tags? Can't I go on a mission right now? Why do I have to wait until I'm older? Q and I are just going to go right now!" Those were the desires of his heart to share the gospel with all those that need it. Now he is able to do that in a very real way to those who are seeking for the truth and goodness that he himself was able to find in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He now has a missionary tag and can bear his testimony to all those around him. He is our zone on the other side of the veil. It reminds me of a scripture in Alma 13: 24 "For behold, angels are declaring in unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory."

     He can be a full time missionary now in a very real way as well as watch over his sweet little family that are still on this earth. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. This makes me want to tell others even more to help them take this into theirs hearts. This is truly the Lords kingdom here on this earth. The words of President Uchtdorf in this last general conference bring me comfort.

     "In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they      unacceptable to us?There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.

    Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.

    The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful.

   How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."

   Other than that I picked up my new companion on Wednesday morning. A long drive to Suwanee Georgia and we re-entered and then left civilization again. Her name is Sister Andrus as I said last week. She is from West Jordan Utah. She graduated the same year as me and she is about 5' 7"ish. She also hates corn. Thank you, someone that agrees. 

     We are still visiting with Monica and she is amazing! She came to church yesterday with her 3 kids and her mom. They all loved it. We have taught her everything. When we taught her the Word of Wisdom her response was "I don't drink any of that stuff any way" Well that was easy. Chiggity Check. It is amazing how much she soaks up. She has a strong desire to learn and change. It truly strengthens my faith seeing her pure and sincere desire to follow Jesus Christ's gospel. She has 3 kids the oldest CJ - 10 Then Desha who is 8 and Cartez who is 4 today. They are so cute!

     Well, I think that is all for this week. We are just pushing through. Getting some pretty good tan lines and avoiding the bugs. :) I am so grateful for these experiences I have to learn and grow. Hopefully I can become a better instrument in the hands of the Lord. This Gospel means the world to me. Thank you Mom, Pops, Gramsy, Gramps. And all the others that made good decisions and helped me learn of these eternal truths. It fills my heart with peace and joy.

     Have a great week you are in my prayers!

LOVE YA BYE!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)
 
(It was kind of a tough week for  Rachel it seems, but she if pulling through OK.  It was good that she was able to talk to Sister Blaylock and also to Q but her heart is hurting for them.  Sister Blaylock goes home in 6 weeks.  I also learned that she had to drive the big truck once and it was kind of scary but she is not the designated driver again - she wiggles out of it with her cute smile and pleadings with Elder Residiori in the office who makes those assignments.  They are a Senior couple.  She adores them.  She also said the office requested that they try and find a new place to live because where they are is too expensive.  Then Sunday in church someone asked them how the apartment was and they said they were looking and asked if he knew of any place and he offered them the basement in their house!  It is being cleared through the office now.  She was pretty  excited.  They are pretty  well off and they live in a gated community. She said yeah they probably don't have cockroaches!!!  Otherwise she is doing fine and continues to enjoy the work.  It was a learning and growing week for her.  Tomorrow she gets to go and meet her new mission president and his wife.  The Bennion's start officially tomorrow. She was excited to see some of her other friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment