background

Monday, August 25, 2014

E. T. ....a new planet called Woodstock

Hey there!

     Well, the title does not lie. Except it does not stand for extra terrestrial because I want to go to the celestial kingdom it stands for EMERGENCY TRANSFER so I am no longer in Greensboro. Yep I am in Woodstock truly another planet because it is 3 hours away and back in civilization so I am back in culture shock. There are people and cars and stores everywhere. Woodstock seems awesome for the 3 hours that I have been here and I am excited for what is ahead. My new companion is Sister Haderlie she is from San Diego California and that is pretty much all I know because like I said 3 hours... So I'll give you more deets next week. 

      We had Zone Conference this week and they role played and gave us a challenge to be bold,  so Sister Andrus and I really wanted to put it into action and show Heavenly Father that we are willing to be instruments in his hands even more. Being bold and inviting people to change as well as bringing the spirit is a liberating feeling. I think it really does help me love the people more and focus on that they are children of God our brothers and sisters. It is awesome. 

     Neal is still doing well. He has so many questions and thinks deeply about the lessons that we teach him. We brought a member over this week and it was the best. He made a pretty good connection with Brother Fossum and we could see he desire increasing. We got to teach him the world of wisdom and before we even told him anything he knew that our bodies our temples and gifts from God. It is amazing to see that he recognizes these spiritual and eternal truths from Heavenly Father and that he knew it before this life and that is why it makes him feel so good. His heart is being prepared. But he was really mad when he found out that I was leaving. Turns out that transfers are really a hard thing for people to grasp and they just think the church is mean and ask who they can call or beat up to change it. Not possible. haha. 

     Monica and her children are still doing well and are the cutest ever. She knows that there has been a change in her life because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she can feel the spirit in her home and the change it has made. I love it because we didn't point it out to her and she just mentioned it. That is what true happiness is all about. It was hard to say goodbye to them because I thought that I still had time and I am sad that I had to leave but I know that they are in good hands.

     I love a Mormon message slash a talk. It is called the Will of God by Hugh B Brown. Many people have heard it so you probably have too but we had a stake Relief Society conference yesterday in the Athens Stake and the Stake president shared it. And I really like a certain part that he says in it. So in the talk he tells the story of the currant bush and how he thought it was crying and he thought he heard it ask why he cut him down and  his response is “I am the gardener here. I know what I want you to be. If I let you go the way you want to go, you will never amount to anything. And someday, when you are ripened in life, you are going to shout back across the time and say, ‘Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for cutting me down, for loving me enough to hurt me.’” And a part of that really hit me the part where it says. I know what I want you to be. If I let you go the way you want to go, you will never amount to anything. I think that is so true. What we want is NOT the best way. Heavenly Fathers will is always best and if we let him take us where he wants us to go and continually mold us we will thank him and truly become what he wants us to be. I have been praying for that lately to be willing to accept his will because I know that is what will be best even if it is hard. I don't know why I was emergency transferred but I do know that it is his will and that is what I want to do because even if it is hard it will help me grow the most and I am excited for the experiences and miracles that are ahead.

So we live with another member here who also lives on a golf course.  haha. The apartment isn't as big as our other mansion, I mean apartment but it is really nice. :)  We live in Bridge MIll which is the largest neighborhood in the United states. WHERE AM I? haha. Well I'll update you next week. I hope that all is well. Love ya lots and have a great week you are always in my prayers!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)

No comments:

Post a Comment