background

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

In the Lords hands....the field is white all ready to harvest

Hey there Family,

     So I am now in Woodstock in the Marietta Zone. It is definitely a lot different from Greensboro,  as in there are a lot more people and houses - very big houses that we actually knock on. It was super intimidating at first, but I am so stoked for what is ahead. We have had a lot of really cool experiences this week talking with people. The first day was great. I had a prompting  to pray about the spots where we knock on doors because of the miracles that I have seen from it in past areas and we have met many great people. It strengthens my testimony in the statement "the field is white already to harvest" That is a FACT. Not just an opinion.  The question should never be is the field white already to harvest but, are we willing to thrust in our sickles with our might? We have been trying to build our teaching pool and talk to everyone that we see and show Heavenly Father that we are willing to do his will. We have talked to a lot of people this week and I felt the spirit very strongly in our conversations.  I love having those experiences. There are many out there that are seeking for truth. 

     One particular experience sticks out in my mind. We met a guy named Dave who lost one of his grandchildren a couple years ago to a brain tumor and he said "I know it's crazy, I am 55 and I am still seeking." The look in his eyes touched my heart.  He wants truth and peace so badly and doesn't know where to find it. The opportunity to look someone in the eyes and bear testimony is so great. He is a firefighter and didn't give a specific time to meet but I hope that we can go back. I know that he felt the spirit. 

     We got the opportunity to teach a girl named Sara who has had kinda a hard life and hasn't been involved in a church very much her whole life but wants a change. She is so sincere and willing. The awesome part is she lives down the street from the bishop and knows some of his children. She even asked us if she could come to church! Yay. Her Dad wouldn't let her this week but we are praying that his heart is softened and she will be able to come this week. 

     During those experiences I know that it is no longer me, but Heavenly Father working through me to talk to his precious child who is yearning for something more.

     I read a talk this week that I LOVED. It talked about the varying levels of missionaries but I think it counts for all members of the church. There are different levels 1st: rebellious and gets caught. 2nd: Rebellious and disobedient but don't get caught and have many regrets and don't learn much. 3rd: Works hard but withholds their heart from the Lord not letting him mold them. 4th: Truly gives everything, including their hearts. Turns it all over to him and he takes care of them. "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." They don't have regrets because they worked their hardest and found true conversion. I just love that. I want to give my all. To tell him. Here it is Lord you can have it all, including my heart. I want nothing but to do your will. So there are two scriptures that remind me of it all,   The first one is in Moroni 10:32, "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
      And the second one is in D&C 4, "Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

     Heavenly Father doesn't just want our might, mind, and strength  - he wants our heart too. And when we truly turn it over to him that is when we can find ourselves and what he wants us to be. That is when we can be an instrument in his hands and that is when His will is our will. One in the same. 

     Well I am feeling pretty good, a little overwhelmed at times because I want to do my best and find the people that the Lord has prepared in this Woodstock area. I have learned a lot this past week and I am excited for the experiences ahead where I can bear testimony to our brothers and sisters here in the south. We are truly blessed. 

     Love you lots have a great week. You are in my prayers. Laugh often and remember all that we have to be grateful for!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)
(She told me that she lives on a golf coarse again with a widowed sister.  She said in the morning she can hear people  teeing off using their woods.  She is about 15-20 minutes from the church  now but it is a ward with another set of sister missionaries, the STL, and also a set of Elders, but they do get fed more often than before.  The area she is in has a lot of large homes and is considered one of the largest neighborhoods in America.  Her comp has been out for 15 months. Today is month # 11 for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment