background

Monday, September 29, 2014

Meet the Mormons :)

Hey there Family!

      We are still trying to work hard in the Woodstock area to find those that have been prepared by the Lord. As we were knocking doors this week we met a lady named Samantha. It was so cool! She opened right up and said "Oh you are the latter day saints, tell me about that mormon book!" We didn't even say anything and she comes out with that. At first I was a little worried that she has heard some of the negative rumors and later we found out that she has but she doesn't believe any of them and has repeatedly stood up and defended our faith. Something that she isn't even a part of.... yet. :) She has a friend in High School who wasn't a member then but has since then converted and it has made a very drastic change in his life and she has noticed how at peace he is with his life and his knowledge of Christ. As our conversation went on she kept getting more and more excited about how she wanted to learn. She has been to many churches and feels that they are not all led by God or in Christs name and she wants to find one that is. She just moved to the area about 3 weeks ago so of course we empathized with the humidity and how frizzy it makes our hair. haha. She said she admires everything about this church and I have to say that I do as well. I will never back down from this truth that I know and we can all come to feel that. She took The Book of Mormon and wanted to read. I am excited to go back and talk with her because that book changes lives I know it has mine. We were led to her by the hand of the Lord as we prayed where we should find his Children whose hearts are prepared. I love being able to bear my testimony! His hand really is in this work and he love us all. As we left she said seeing you is like a vision it is a perfect day and I am so glad that I got to meet you! You are a blessing.  We were told that by 2 different people that day it was amazing.  

     This Tuesday we had the opportunity to be able to watch the movie "Meet the Mormons"  that is coming to theatres in a few places soon. Since we are missionaries we don't get to go but.... It was FANTASTIC. I loved it so much and if you ever get a chance to watch it I would suggest it to anyone. It is so inspirationial and they did a very good job with it. It had half the missionaries in the room in tears... haha. I just had a dumb smile on my face the whole time. I loved it. Mormons really aren't that werid. :) We're full of life, have normal lives, and want the best for our families just like everyone out there. Everyone wants to meet the mormons now. :)
 
     The link for the trailer: Not as good as the real things but it will have to do. 
 
     I absolutely LOVED the Womens conference. I loved a combination of two talks. President Uchtdorfs was fantastic and I loved Sister Marriott's as well.  They were both exactly what I needed to hear and they were answers to prayers. I loved how Sister Marriot talked about the Atonement so much.  It is such a deep concept and I find that I can never learn enough about it but I love being able to understand it better it strengthens my testimony and faith in it. To truly not just believe in Christ but to BELIEVE Christ. I feel like I struggle with weaknesses and wanting to improve so much but also I think that we are our own worst enemy and pride often stops us from improving in certain ways but the message that stuck out to me that I have heard before but hit me more this time was through weaknesses we can develop strength. We just put our trust in Him who knows. As I was pondering that concept and then the quote from President Uchtdorf  "Heavenly Father is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today and always." I felt so much love from Heavenly Father. I am weak and I do have many things to improve on but it is possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I was reading PMG during the sacrament yesterday the section about the Atonement and this stuck out to me "As we rely on the Atonment of Jesus Christ, He can help us endure our trials, sicknesses, and pain. We can be filled with joy, peace, and consolation. ALL that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." That is such a true eternal concept and I love it. 

      Well, I think that is all for this week. I love you all and hope that all is well. You are in my prayers! :) Have a great week!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)
 
 
Rachel and Sister Haderlie  having lunch outside before church starts.

Do you see the road that the GPS says is there?  I think it is wrong!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment