background

Monday, September 15, 2014

Truly it's in the little things.

Hey there Family!

     We were doing service making a meal for a local charity and cutting up onions. Well I haven't ever cut onions or been around them my whole life and while we were doing it my eyes were on FIRE. They were watering so bad and they wouldn't stop. I had to rub a lemon on my head and go outside - they burned for the rest of the night. Ha ha my body does not like onions.  I think I'll stay away. Red and puffy eyes are super attractive... ha ha. 

     Also can we all learn a lesson here. When you answer the door please make sure you do it while clothed. FULLY clothed. Please. Put on pants, and a shirt. And don't tell me "ain't nobody got time for dat" because I can wait. 

     This week I went on exchange with Sister Chapman.  She is in the ward and one of the Sister Training Leaders. She came out with me and it was super fun! We were pumped to be together because both of our comps have food allergies of things we like to eat. So we were tracting and we knocked on a door of a lady named Angie. Her house smelled so good! So I told her and she said it was homemade bread. She said "hold on a second it is done I'll give you some" Tender mercies are real. ha ha. We had just been talking about how we wanted homemade bread and we got it. Heavenly Father listens and knows us. Remind anyone of a story in the relief society session once? ha ha. It was great she home makes it all  - even grinds her own wheat and makes her own butter. It was a little piece of heaven. :) Heavenly Father really does love, listen, and watch out for ALL of his children in even the littlest things. It also softened her heart a little bit so we got to talk to her more. 

     It really is the little and simple things. 

     I love a scripture in 2 Nephi 31:20. The scripture says " Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." I love that scripture for several reasons. I love that it is all about action. It takes work to be able to do all of those things and that is what is require of us. Our work is to keep the commandments (D&C 11:20) I love the phrase perfect brightness of hope I feel like it includes a lot of imagery and I can see that having hope it actually brings a brightness into our countenance. Then I love about enduring to the end too. In Hebrew enduring to the end translates as pressing forward joyfully with purpose. I love that it doesn't sound like it is a drag but truly Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and have a purpose no matter where we are at in our life. :) I love it!

     Well, I think that is all for this week. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week you are in my prayers. 

LOVE YOU BYE!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)
 
(Transfers will be this week and it looks like she will be staying with her companion awhile longer - maybe till she leaves the first part of December.  Only time will tell.  They are working hard to rebuild the trust of the ward and start a teaching pool.  They have been working long and hard.  She is in a bit more of an affluent area and it is way different than before.  But she still loves the work.  she has had a lot of comps with food allergies so that has kept things interesting for her too.  Oh well.  I'm not sure they get fed real often, but she is still as cute as ever.  Keep her in your prayers as they try to find more people to teach.
 
Monica and her family from Greensboro.  She misses them!

Rachel and Cartez before she left.

Rachel and Dasia --That is too cute!

Rachel on the front porch of branch in Madison.

Cartez, Rachel and Dasia before she left.

Rachel loves her gummy frogs!  Too bad she doesn't have a peach ring to go along with it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment