background

Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Miricles

Hey there family!
     This week we have seen many little Christmas miracles. There is a less active couple in our ward - the Curry's - that we have been working with since I got here and he is very humble and more than willing to listen and to learn and she has just been a little more quiet and we weren't sure if she liked us coming over. But she called and invited us over for lunch. It was a big step for her but we can see how much her heart is softening. The Lord is really working on them. He can do amazing things with the human heart. 

     We had another lesson with Justin and he even let us come over when he wasn't feeling well. Hopefully the not feeling well doesn't transfer to us anytime soon. :) But he knows that he has felt the spirit and it's power. He said that he feels that this is something that is good and still while he was sick he was reading a little bit. He is so humble and willing to follow Christ we invited him to be baptized and he accepted.

     It was a great Christmas eve and Christmas. We were able to talk to some amazing people this week. It was hard to find people home a couple days but Heavenly Father really blessed us for making the effort anyways and going out trying to find his children. Several people told us that they had reached out to him in prayer in their search for his truth. Being able to bear testimony with a surety that we know we are sent from him is such a peaceful and happy feeling. Christmas is such a great time of year. Christ is our Savior. I hope that I can keep that feeling and his presence with me all year long. He is beside all of us helping us along. There has been so much joy accompanying this season. This truly is his Gospel. The gospel of happiness and I want to live it fully. 

     This week in my personal studies I came across this scripture in Mormon 9:31 "Condemn me not because of mine imperfection, neither my father, because of his imperfection, neither them who have written before him; but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been."  I love it, it is such a simple declaration of letting his scars show but so profound. We can give thanks and be so grateful in our imperfect and weak state and for others imperfections we learn through all of them. There is no need for pride to get in the way. After I read that scripture I was thinking about it and I had a personal experience with what it is talking about. I felt like lately that it was harder for me to get out of my bubble and talk as freely with people and I was letting it hold me back a little bit. That is a lesson that Heavenly Father keeps emphasizing to me "acknowledge and face your weaknesses but dont' be immobilized by them" As I was talking to people the last few days I felt so much strength from Jesus Christ it was amazing. He was literally giving me the words to know what to say despite my imperfections and I hope that others were able to learn from that. It was such a happy and peaceful feeling. I can't deny his help and role in my life. He truly is there. That is one more way that I can KNOW him. 

      It was so good to see you on Christmas you are just as cute as ever. :) I hope that y'all had a great day remembering our Savior and his love for us. I know that I felt it strongly.

     We met with Kate again and instead of doing a lesson we decided to ask her for advice on how we could help another one of our investigators, they are pretty similar. She is less active right now and has been on a mission so she has been on all sides of the spectrum. So she told us the things that worked for her and how she was able to be baptized and what helped her most. It was amazing she was able to recall her conversion and I think the spirit touched her. Also they were great suggestions for our investigator and now we know what to do to help her. Tricked I think yes. The Lord works in the best ways. 

     Last update is I got to go on exchange with Sister Chidester. She is so cute. The exchange was so fun. She is such a great missionary and I am slightly jealous of her ability to talk to people and her way with them. She is a sister with a undeniable strength to trust the Lord and his plan, I am glad I got to be her companion for the day I learned a lot from her. And she is the cutest thing ever. How does she do it? I have no idea. 

Well I hope you have a great week. Happy New Year! You are in my prayers.

K love you bye!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)


We love our missionary!

Sister Chapman and Rachel's Christmas tree and presents 

New Pj bottoms for Sister's Weeks and Chapman.

Rachel grateful for her gift from gma and gpa Christensen

Christmas gifts for 2014 - gift from Gma and Gpa Christensen.

Sister's Chapman and Weeks with their Chrismas eve stuff for their party for Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment