background

Monday, December 15, 2014

I know Him

Hey there Family!

     Well we have had a pretty good week here in Georgia. We'll see if I can actually remember what we did this week it kind of seems like a blur. Transfers were easy for us because we didn't have to do anything but our zone got changed up quite a bit so there are a few new sisters to get to know. 

     We visited Linda this week and she is just the absolute cutest. It is amazing that she was just baptized in October and her level of comprehension is so great. We have been working with her a bit on Family History so she can get to go to the temple. She is so excited to go there and we hopefully will get to go with her. We went to lunch with her on Sister Chapman's Birthday.   I enlisted the help of many members to help me out with a few Birthday surprises since it is pretty impossible to surprise someone you are with 24/7. But we did it. It was great  - she is officially 29 now. She is not bitter or in denial at all. Last stop on the way to 30. haha. Many jokes are headed her way. And mostly not from me. :) haha.

     We had a meeting with President Bennion in Lilburn this week. It was so good. He talked a lot about faith and charity and when faith becomes hard remember the Relief Society motto "Charity never faileth" like it says in Moroni. Perfect love castesth out all fear and since faith is the antithesis of fear we grow in faith. The gospel is amazing.  Christ's love is so real. 

     I have been thinking a lot about Christmas because of the He is the Gift initiative that we have been talking to everyone about and it is crazy how much of the focus of Christmas is put on so many other things. There is a phrase in the video that I love it says "He is Christmas" We wouldn't even have Christmas if it wasn't for Christ. So as I was reading in my studies this week I was in 3 Nephi. The perfect time of year to be reading these chapters. All the signs and wonders that came a long Christ's birth. Then the total destruction after his death and then lastly the peace following the resurrection. Jesus Christ appears to the people and as I was reading these words the I felt the spirit so strongly. In 11, 14-17:

11. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
 14. Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
 15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.
 16 And when they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves, they did cry out with one accord, saying:
 17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him.


     Above my desk I have a picture of Christ dressed in a white robe reaching out his arms and as I read these verses I looked up and I felt his love. The words that came into my mind were "I know Him! I know Him!" 

     There is a parable called "the interview" it is about two men after they die. One goes in for the interview and the interviewer asks him what he knows about Christ. He spouts off the facts and it is evident that he has done some extensive study on Christs life. But still the interviewer keeps inquiring. Finally after he has not found what he is searching for he says thank you and dismisses the man. The second one is invited into the room and falls down to his knees with tears and says "My Lord my God." I think of the relationship that I want to have with Christ and I want to know him. Not just about his life and the facts but to know him personally. He is my Savior, Redeemer, and friend. There is a difference in those titles but he is all of them to me. 

     And one of the best things of all that happened this week is that Sister Beatty made me sweet potato pie. I was in pure heaven! I am in love with it. haha. 

     Yesterday at church we ran into a lady who asked us which ward we were in and she was looking for the sisters in the other ward. But she found us in the hall a couple minutes later and she asked us if we knew her parents the Curry's. They are a less active couple that we have been working with since I got here. Her Dad is such a humble man and has been reading the Book of Mormon and like he said has proved to be a star student.  He has expressed his desire to go to the temple one day and we told her that and she teared up. She said it is a miracle. It is amazing she has been praying for years that their hearts would be softened. We never know whose family is praying for the rescue of their loved ones. 

     Well I think that is all for this week. I hope all is well you are in my prayers! Laugh often and remember the real reason for this season. :)

K love you bye!

Love Sister Weeks 


The District in Woodstock - December

Sister Beatty made her Sweet Potato Delight and boy was she ever delighted.


No comments:

Post a Comment