background

Monday, January 26, 2015

Can I not watch one hour?

Hey there family!
 
     Well it has been a crazy week. I am in Milton now and getting all settled in. My new companion is Sister Grace Castleton -Rudolph.  She is from Molalla Oregon and has been out for about 9 months and has been in this area for 3 months. She is quiet but great. I am excited to be in Milton. I was right about the very wealthy people, there are definitely some huge houses here with intercoms and all. It is a different world. I thought that those things were only real in movies. The ward is great though. They are excited to share the gospel and are doing a great job at it. President and Sister Bennion spoke in our Sacrament meeting yesterday everyone is fired up to do missionary work.
 
    This week while we were looking for a less active named Pooh. That isn't a joke I am completely for reals. We couldn't find her and decided to try one last time and we found a new investigator! Her name is Amira.  She stopped going church because she was forced to and felt like she didn't have a good experience but she knew that Mormons are always happy. We set a time to come back later that day and we were talking to her and a guy named Sherod walked in. He was talking like he knew what we were talking about and it turns out he is a member! What?! Well we taught her the restoration and she told us at the end, " I really felt it when you said that I kinda want to cry." God has prepared her and put her in a situation to accept his gospel. It was amazing.
 
     Well my spiritual insight for this week is about the sacrament. Yesterday in Relief Society we had a lesson on the talk by Elder Hamula  "The Sacrament and the Atonement" and an article called An hour to watch with Him. One of the points that stuck out to me as she was talking about it is was we come to church to partake of the Sacrament so it must be important. So if it truly represents Christ himself his flesh and blood, if he were really lying up there would I be acting the way I was acting? Where would my thoughts be? Not that I am jumping up and down and screaming and talking during the sacrament but am I truly letting him cleanse me? On the church website on the homepage it says "Can Sacrament Meeting Change my Life?" we have but 15 minutes to spend with him each week and we often don't even take advantage of it. "Can we not watch with him one hour or 15 minutes?"  It hit me hard what am I doing with my 15 minutes. Elder Hamula said "The ordinance of the sacrament has been called “one of the most holy and sacred ordinances in the Church.” It needs to become more holy and sacred to each of us. Jesus Christ Himself instituted the ordinance to remind us what He did to redeem us and to teach us how we may avail ourselves of His Redemption and thereby live with God again."  and then "Prayer is fundamental at all times, but the Spirit present in that hour of the sacrament is an opportunity to elevate ourselves closer to Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. When we focus our thoughts on the Lord, it is, in a way, accompanying Him at the moment of the agony He endured when taking upon Himself our sins. It is a time to acknowledge the pain He suffered for us. I want to show him how much he means to me by accompanying him for his grace, mercy and enabling power. He suffered above all can I not wait and watch one hour?
 
     There are so many good quotes in each talk you should just read them sometime this week before sacrament meeting. It is life changing. Because Sacrament can change lives. But only if we let it.
 
     Yesterday at church two teenager who attend a Catholic school came to Gospel Principles because they had to do a project on another religion. So pretty much the Elders and us taught the restoration and there were many converts in the room who used to be catholic who piped up and shared their testimonies. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong. I hope they think about what they heard. They seemed intrigued.
 
     Well we have met a lot of amazing people this week members and nonmembers where we have had the opportunity to share our testimonies that we KNOW that a 14 year old boy saw God and Jesus Christ. That is what sets us a part from all other denominations of Christianity. If you don't know you can find out. Christ's gospel is here on the this earth.
 
     Well I hope you have a great week. You are in my prayers! Feel the spirit, laugh hard,and look for ways to share what you know with others.
 
K love you bye!
 
Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)




Sister Weeks and Sister Perrins.  Best 3 week Companions.  Bye!

Gotta Love Giraffes.

Jervy and Rachel - I will miss her.

My homie Sharece... haha that is what she calls me.

 Linda one of the most Angelic and Christlike ladies on this planet.

Kate and Sister Perrins and I.

Bye Sister Perrins.   You are great!

The Periera's they are my fav. Pretty much my besties.



Rachel and Pam - the cutest ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment