background

Monday, January 5, 2015

Changes and Miracles

Hey there family!

     This week has been rather eventful. So I forgot to mention last week  - How? I don't know - but Sister Chapman got emergency transferred to a different area to take a sisters place who went home because of medical reasons. President pulled in the reinforcements because she is a boss missionary and she is 29 so she has the life experience. haha. I sure will miss her. I have had so much fun with her and Peggy. We are such tricksters. But I am excited for my new companion Sister Perrins. She came out at the same time as me as well. She is from Vancouver Washington but her family has moved to Columbia since she has been on a mission. Crazy right? 

     Her Dad is a headmaster for an American High School there. Yay! We both know what it is like to have fathers in education and we have a very high respect and appreciation for it as well. She is 21 and went to BYU-I. I like her lots already and we are so excited for the work here in Woodstock.

     This morning I was reading a talk from the last conference by President Eyring and he was talking about personal revelation and I love this quote from it, he says: "We all know that human judgment and logical thinking will not be enough to get answers to the questions that matter most in life. We need revelation from God. And we will need not just one revelation in a time of stress, but we need a constantly renewed stream. We need not just one flash of light and comfort, but we need the continuing blessing of communication with God." I have learned that repeatedly over the course of being a missionary. His thoughts are not my thought and his ways are not my ways. And his way is totally better. I cannot figure out the answers and plan that will be best by myself it cannot be done without revelation and I am so grateful that he is willing to reach out in love to my pleas to provide me with love guidance, comfort and the answers that I seek daily.  He gives it to me in so many ways. 
 
     We had a ward fast this week to soften the hearts of Gods children here in Woodstock and there was a special spirit here. There is no time to waste when it comes to the Lords work he is ready whether I am or not. He love is real and I am so grateful for the undeniable strength and guidance that I receive.

      We had a Sisters P-day today.  It was a Spa day. A lot of the Sisters have been stressed lately and Sister Jones is an esthetician  so she did some facial things and I did some nails. It was fun. We got them laughing lots so hopefully it helped. We have some great sisters in our zone.

     I made my cheesecake dip this week. Everyone is in heaven. :) 

     We had a lesson with Tracy and a recent convert Linda at a members house and we talked about testimonies and had a little testimony meeting. It was perfect. They both felt the spirit and we had some opportunities to point out how it shapes and molds us our whole lives and how the Atonement is able to do that and give us the strength we need. The spirit was definitely there testifying of the truth that was spoken.

     We met with Kate as well and we had a little Miracle. She is less active and has been for several years. She hasn't prayed in those years because she felt like God abandoned her. But she recognized that he has been speaking to her and she feels so close to getting a relationship with him again and we invited her to do something that would get her closer and she said she is going to pray. It was an amazing experience. 

     We have seen many little miracles this week and we are so excited to keep working hard. Well that is all for this week. Hope all is well, you are in my prayers! Work hard, Play hard!

K love you bye!

Love Sister Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment