background

Monday, February 9, 2015

The privilege to work WITH the Lord

Hey there family!

      Well it has been a sunny week in Georgia. We have had 60 degree weather and it is only February. I am totally not complaining that I have only had to wear my jacket. The south is blessed. I really like warm weather. :)

      This week we met with Kolleen and her three kids. Briggs - girl Maddox - boy and Kadence - girl. Missionaries had taught them in the past but they are just so busy it is hard to get in with them because she is opening up her own personal training gym and there is a member of the ward that goes to her. :) They read The Book of Mormon and love it and would totally come if they weren't so busy. Ahhh. Even the kids love reading the Book of Mormon. We watched the Restoration video and the spirit was so strong, they loved it!

     This week I have been thinking about a willing heart/ a broken heart and a contrite spirit. I was reading a talk and Jacob 5 this week for my studies. As we are part of the House of Israel we have the responsibility to share the gospel and help our brothers and sisters. We have the opportunity to bless all families and nations of the earth with our testimony. But only if we are willing to be used by the Lord and do it in his way. He will NEVER leave us alone in that responsibility. That is his promise. In Jacob 5:27 he says "And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things." They obeyed the Lords command and labored with their might but one of the most sacred parts they got to Labor along side the Lord. It is his promise that he is laboring with us. He can do much more work than I can but he lets me help to show him how much I love him. That is why I do it. I love the Lord. I know that he lives and his promises are sure. He knows where the "poor" spots of ground are and where the harvest can be found. Truly it can be found everywhere if we are willing to "thrust in our sickle with our might." From the talk that is speaking about those who are consecrated to the Lord is says "They live the invitation of the Savior, "Be of good cheer I have overcome the world" (John 16:33) There is not a negative bone in their bodies There is no rejection or trial that can dim their enthusiasm. They are willing to pay the price of repeated rejection for the hope of of a single conversion. Whatever the world throws at them, they throw back a smile, because they know they have the gospel of Jesus Christ." because truly as D&C 18:15-16 says "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" So First make sure that one soul is you. Be converted and love the Savior, he is always beside you in his work, the work of saving souls. It is all around us no matter where we are. And then "when thou art converted strengthen they brethren." 

     We met with Debbie again. We had a lesson at the church with Eli - that is totally not pronounced how you think it is. It is like Ellie. He is a Jew born in Israel and her grew up in a kibbutz. (hope that is spelled right) Who even knows what that is really...?  He turned Christian and then he joined the church and he told her. I am a Jew, a christian and a Mormon. Debbie loved that. That she doesn't have to deny her Jewish heritage or her ancestors but she can be all 3. It was a great lesson and he has an amazing story. She said that it helped and her and her daughter Dakota were at church on Sunday! She usually comes but Dakota never does. Yay! And she is hilarious she is a very forward person with a Boston accent and she is Jewish. haha. I love it. The people you can meet here in the south - it is amazing. I came all the way to Georgia to find Indians (from India) who practice Hinduism, Native Americans, South Americans, Jews, Russians. Man what else is next? Oh the diversity of Atlanta. 

     We also met with Tom. He is a neighbor of one of the members and has been interested for sometime but has had many health problems. But we had a lesson and we talked to him about the importance of the Book of Mormon. The member he is friends with son was speaking in church so they invited him and he came. He really like it. It was a good Sunday. :)

     Then there is a recent convert in the ward who is 13. Her name is Lexi, she reminds me of Amanda when she was 13. haha. She LOVES to read. And her sense of humor is hilarious. Her Mom is a member and is returning to activity and we had a lesson with them last night. Both of their desire to learn is amazing. It made me once again realize how much I like learning. I am grateful that I am able to and study time is so precious. That really is the only thing we can take back in life and I don't want to return not having learned all that I can.

     Well have a great week. You are in my prayers. Be happy and work with the Lord! 

K love you bye!

Love Sister Weeks (Rachel)



A GINORMOUS dog. I almost peed then cried. Good thing I dubbed Sister Castleton as the dog whisperer because it was literally almost as tall as me on all fours. I was out of there real fast. I almost didn't even walk up to the door to knock on it.


Sister Castleton-Rudolph (I just call her Sister Castleton) and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment