background

Monday, March 16, 2015

If we can laugh at it we can live with it!



Hey there family!

     This week was a great week here in Georgia. It was overcast all week long and then yesterday I looked out our door to check the weather, because that is how we do it when we don't have access to technology and there was SUN outside and I leaped and screamed because I was so excited. Sister Castleton thought something was wrong. Nope I just love warm weather. :)

     Well I have gained such a greater testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Especially what it says in Mosiah 24 about their burdens becoming light so light that they couldn't even feel them even though they were still there. Heavenly Father has this amazing ability to strengthen our capacity to deal with our trials and weaknesses and I KNOW that I could not do it with out him and I am so grateful.  

     We had zone meeting this week and the Bennion's came and Sister Bennion said "You have to do my nails!" haha. She is hilarious. Zone Meeting was so good though. A lot of the trainings were based on conversion and how THIS IS FOREVER. We must have it written in our hearts and be truly consecrated to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

     This week I have been remembering something that I have thought about a lot and my favorite scripture is about. D&C 123:17 God promises to reveal his hand in our lives when we do things cheerfully.  I have noticed several other scriptures that talk about the happiness that God wants us to have. This week we were visiting someone and we shared a scripture about happiness with her and she said the gospel doesn't make me happy it gives me peace. I have thought about that all week long because it confused me and her statement just felt not right. And I know why because if you aren't' happy you aren't doing something right. This is the gospel of happiness and God wants us to live it fully. In 2 Nephi 5:27 it says:
 "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." and King Benjamin in his last sermon to his people ends one of the chapters with "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."
      Not only are they blessed and at peace but they are HAPPY. And it Hebrew the meaning of enduring to the end it to "press forward joyfully with purpose." It seems to me that God when he set his Gospel up and organized it every time he wanted the gospel, our life, and his son Jesus Christ to bring us JOY. We receive blessings when we do things cheerfully that is a part of the commandment. The Lord wants me to show others how happy this Gospel makes me, the light and the joy that comes into my life is something that is with me FOREVER. This is the Gospel of Happiness because of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful. For the love of all that is good on this earth don't be a lifeless walking Mormon robot....or any kind of robot. Laugh and feel joy. Laughter is one of the best medicines it truly helps me to recognize the grace of God in my life. Laugh along the journey of life. Feel happy.

     We had a lesson with Debbie this week at the church during mutual and we were trying to get her daughter Dakota to play human Foosball with the rest of the youth.  It took a bit of time but she finally jumped in, Sister Castleton jumped in too and played  in her skirt. haha. I stayed out for the sake of everyone else and talked with Debbie. It was such a great opportunity to ask her some questions and her not feel hindered in answering them. She said she loves the path that she is on right now and doesn't want to go anywhere else but she is also scared to move forward. She said that she really wanted to learn about the Plan of Salvation again so we retaught it at a members house and she was tearing up as we told her some experiences and stories. I shared with her about Jose - he is in the spirit world as a missionary right now. The spirit was so strong and the next day she texted us and said "I finally understand. I do believe that the gospel you are teaching me is TRUE." It was amazing. We have been praying for the Lord to soften her heart more and more and her to have a desire to make promises with the Lord soon, so she doesn't get comfortable. The Lord is amazing  - she is so close. Any prayers for her would be amazing! She is sincere in her quest for truth I am so grateful to be able to see her change and grow.

Then we met with Mary again. She is such a Christlike person her desire to do service and help others is so amazing. She is scared of the change but she will get there. The bishop always says she is the future relief society president and to hurry up and get her baptized hahaha.  She is so close as well!

Then on Saturday, we are running out of miles on our car because of the meetings that we have had to drive to lately, so we decided that we were going to do like Jesus and walk. We walked for about 5 or 6 miles. I am so grateful to have a car and once again to not be in a bike area. I am so blessed. But it was fun. Sister Castleton kept telling me to slow down because she couldn't keep up, but we needed to get there sooner rather than later. haha We made it. Victory!

Well I think that is all for this week. Remember to laugh! Thanks for all you do.  You are in my prayers!

Love you bye!

Love Sister Weeks



Rachel will be home April 16th and her homecoming address with be on the  19th of April.  Our Sacrament Meeting starts at 2:20 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment